这是外研版课文,我讲过这课。
Lets call Wonders of the World and join in the discussion.
咱们给《世界奇观》节目打电话,加入讨论吧。
I think natural wonders are more interesting than man made ones.
我认为自然奇观比人造的更有趣。
And I think the Giant's Causeway is the most fantastic natural wonder.
并且我认为巨人之路是最神奇的自然景观。
Hm, I've never seen it, so I'm not sure I agree with you. Why do you like it, Tony?
嗯,我从未看过它,因此我不能确定我同意你的意见。托尼,你为什么喜欢它?
Well, I visited the Giant's Causeway two years ago. It's huge.
嗯,我两年前参观过巨人之路。它巨大无比
There're about 40,000 rocks, most of them with six sides.
大约有40000 块岩石,大部分岩石有六个面。
It goes for several hundred metres on the eastern coast of Northern Ireland.
它位于北爱尔兰东海岸,绵延数百米。
That sounds great, though I think Victoria Falls in Africa are even more fantastic.
它很神奇,但我认为非洲的维多利亚瀑布更壮观。
They're about l, 700 metres wide and 100 metres high. You can hear the loud noise a few kilometers away.
它们大约1700米宽,100米高,你在几千米之外就能听到响亮的瀑布声。
Wow, that's huge! But in my opinion, man-made wonders are more exciting than natural ones.
哇,那太大了!但是,据我看来,人造奇观比自然奇观更令人兴奋。
Look at the Terracotta Army. It's more than 2.000 years old.
看兵马俑,它有2000多年的历史了。
I agree with you, Betty. And I think the Three Gorges Dam is fantastic too.
我同意你的意见,贝蒂。我认为三峡大坝也很神奇。
It's about 2300 metres long, 185 metres high and 15 metres wide at the top.
它大约2300米长,185米高,顶部15米宽。
It produces electricity for millions of people in China.
它为中国无数人提供电力。
Now, who'd like to call first?
现在,谁想先打电话?